Pre-Medieval India (Dynasty's)
Gurjar Pratihara Dynasty
- First Description of this dynasty found in Ahole inscription of Pulaheshan II.
- Capital → Kannauj
- Founder → Harichandra
- Actual founder → Naagbhatta I
- He destroyed the Huna dynasty from India.
- In Gwalior inscription of Sanskrit, he has been compared to Rudra (Shiva).
- I great ruler of the dynasty was Vatsraj. He defeated Dhrampal (Pal dynasty – Bengal). He was succeeded by his son Naagbhatt II.
- The greatest ruler of the dynasty was Mihirbhoj (836 – 885). He took the title of Aadivaraha & Prabhas. He was a Vaishnav ruler.
- The last great ruler of the dynasty was Mahipal. In his ruling period. A famous traveler of Baghdad-AL -Masudiarrived in India. He was defeated by Krishna III (Ruler of Rashtrakuta Dynasty).
- Last ruler od dynasty → Yashpal
- 1036 – This dynasty was destroyed by Garwal Rulers.
- Capital → Kannauj
- Founder → Chandradeva, In his ruling period he defeated Tomar ruler, who surrendered in front of him. He was succeeded by his son Madanpal.
- I great ruler of the dynasty was Govinda Chandra. He took the title of Vidhavichar Vachacpati.
- Last and most famous ruler of the dynasty → Jai Chandra.
- 1194 – He was defeated & killed by Mohd. Ghori in the battle of Chandawar.
- Capital → Shakambari ( near Ajmer)
- Founder → Vasudeva, He was succeeded by Sidhraj, Who took the title of Maharajadhiraja.
- I great ruler → Prithviraj I, He was succeeded by his son Ajayraj (Founder of Ajmer)
- The greatest ruler of the dynasty → Prithviraj III (1178 – 1192).
- 1191 – He was defeated Mohd. Gauri in the battle of Terrain, But in the II battle of terrain, He was defeated and killed by Mohd. Gauri.
- Capital → Khajuraho
- Founder → Nunmuka, He was succeeded by Yashovarman, who built the famous temple of Vishu in Khajuraho.
- The greatest ruler of the dynasty → Dhnaga. He helped Jaipal of Peshawar in his battle against Mehmood Ghaznavi. In his ruling period, he built Jinnath Temple & Baijnath Temple in Khajuraho.
- The last ruler of dynasty → Parmar, he defeated by Qutubuddin Aibak, who destroyed the Chandel dynasty.
- Capital → Malwa
- Founder → Siyaka/Shri Harsha. His first capital was Ujjain and then he made Dhara his 2nd capital.
- The greatest ruler of the dynasty – Bhojh, he was a great Sanskrit poet and scholar. He took the title of Kaviraj. He founded a city, Bhojpur Nagar. He also founded Bhojshala university there. Bhoj was defeated by a ruler Vidyadhar ( Chandela dynasty)
- This dynasty was destroyed by → Alauddin Khilji (in 1305).
- Capital → Gujrat (Anahilvada)
- Founder → Moolraj I / Bhim I and he made Anahilvada his capital. During his ruling period, Ghaznavi attacked the Somnath temple in Gujrat. He built/reconstructed the temple with stones.
- Last great ruler of the dynasty → Moolraj II/ Bhim II
- 1178 – He defeated & arrested Mohd. Gauri at Mount Abu.
- 1195 – This dynasty was destroyed by Qutubuddin Aibak.
Pala Dynasty (Bengal)
- The 8th century → This dynasty was founded.
- Founder → Gopal, He succeeded by his son Dharampal (greatest ruler), Who founded Vikramshila University in his ruling period.
- Last great ruler of the dynasty → Mahipal, He defeated by a South Indian ruler named Rajendrachol
- Last ruler of dynasty → Rampal
- This Dynasty destroyed by → Mohd. Bin Bakhtiyar Khilji
Sena Dynasty (Bengal)
- Founder → Samantsena
- 1st great ruler of the dynasty → Vijaysena (1095 – 1158), He founded 2 cities
- He succeeded by his son → Bhallalsena (1158 – 1178).
- The greatest ruler of the dynasty → Laxmansena (1178 – 1205)
- 1178 – he started Laxman Samvat.
- He Founded a city named Laxmanvati.
- He took the title pf Param Bhagvat.
- 1202 – This dynasty was destroyed by → Bakhtiyar Khilji
Hindu Shahi Dynasty
- Founder → Jaipal
- Capital – Peshawar
- 1001 AD – He was defeated by Ghaznavi and then he committed suicide. He Succeeded by his son Anandpal. He was also defeated 2 times by Ghaznavi.
Start Your Free Consultation
If any student facing any issue regarding study, Strategy , And etc...
So, You can contact us without any hesitation
Tag:chalukya dynasty, chalukya dynasty capital, chalukya dynasty upsc, chandela dynasty, chandela dynasty capital, chandela dynasty upsc., chauhan dynasty architecture, chauhan dynasty founder, chauhan dynasty period, chauhan dynasty upsc, founder of hindu shahi dynasty, garhwal dynasty, garhwal dynasty capital, garwal dynasty, gurjara pratihara dynasty, gurjara pratihara dynasty ncert, gurjara pratihara dynasty rulers, gurjara pratihara dynasty upsc, hindu shahi dynasty of punjab, hindu shahi dynasty upsc, hindu shahi empire, history of parmar dynasty in hindi, pala and sena dynasty, pala dynasty, pala dynasty founder, pala dynasty upsc, parmar dynasty founder, parmar dynasty history, parmar dynasty upsc, pre medieval history of india, pre medieval india, pre medieval india by learn topic wise, pre medieval period india, pre medival india by ltw, sena dynasty history, sena dynasty in bengal, sena dynasty ssc, sena dynasty upsc, गुर्जर प्रतिहार डायनेस्टी